Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Things You Don't Want To Hear

Yesterday Bunny and I were upstairs getting ready to go out. It usually goes like this: I lay out some clothes for Bunny. She picks out an outfit and runs around in her diaper for at least 1/2 hour before she will let me get her dressed. So I get ready in the meantime.

I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth when Bunny came to me and said "Look Mommy. I colored the TV." What? Did you just say you colored the TV? No! No! No!

Sure enough when I got into my room the TV was covered in orange crayon. Now I know crayons are washable but I'm pretty sure you don't want to put water on your TV screen. So I grabbed a rag and managed to clean off all of the offending crayon. Thank goodness.

Then it was punishment time. I told Bunny that I was glad she told me what she did. But I also told her that we can only color on paper so she would have to have a time out. So she said she was sorry and stood in the corner and took her time out like a champ.

All in all not too bad. But note to self, make sure there are no crayons lying around unless there is paper too.

2 comments:

MamaCarter said...

Chuckle. The crayons are now out of Monkey's reach, as I discovered that even if I leave paper out, she prefers the kitchen walls....

anymommy said...

This made me laugh. Tragedies like this happen all the time around our house. I love finding families that look like ours! I'll be so excited to see what you decide in the coming months.

Thanks for your support on our very tough time last year. I was very nervous about being honest and have been amazed at the thoughtful responses.