Monday, November 1, 2010

Four Years

It seems just like yesterday.

I woke up early, delirious. I am not sure if the delirium was from the lack of sleep, the jet lag or the sheer enormity of what was going to happen.

It was not how I had imagined it would be. It was chaotic. It was busy. It was perfect.

Four years ago on October 30th, I met my daughter for the first time.



I held her in my arms for the first time and I have never let go.

She is mine. I am hers.



We are a family. Now. Forever. Always.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It seems like only yesterday I was following your journey to her through your blog....Time sure flies doesn't it? Congrats to the happy 4 year old....

Issa said...

Happy four years friend. :)

Love teeny tiny Ivey. So adorable. :)

Kathy McIverson said...

http://loveisntenough.com

I am really inspired by your blog, as I want to adopt...Cross your fingers for me, we started the process this month!

I found the above blog and wanted to hear your thoughts, as I have been hesitant to adopt across racial lines because I wanted to be aware of the way the world might treat my child, and how to address it...

What have been your experiences? After reading some of the blog above, I've been reconsidering.

anymommy said...

Four years. That's how long Saige has been home too. Time flies when you're filled with joy.