Monday, June 9, 2008

And Now Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Lately Bunny has been displaying very good coordination. She wanted to learn how to stand on one foot and then jump on one foot. So she has been practicing all the time. She will hold your hand or hold onto a piece of furniture and practice.

Well it seems that all this practice has paid off. Yesterday she managed to stand on one foot several different times. It was only for about 2 seconds a time, but she did it.

Needless to say I was very impressed. One that she could do it and two because I really can't. You see I am not very coordinated. You can blame it the fact that I was 5'10" by the time I was 12 or whatever. But as Bubs likes to say, I should not be allowed to walk unsupervised.

Tables, chairs, doors and even walls are my enemy. They all lie in wait ready to jump out at any moment and attack. I have had countless bumps and brusies due to these inanimate objects.

I once walked into the locked part of a double door while out with a guy I liked in college (it was in the middle of the afternoon at a bank so don't get any ideas). Needless to say we didn't go out for much longer.

I've also broken my big toe walking. You see I was wearing flip flops and tripped over a raised portion of the sidewalk. Very graceful, very painful.

So, yes I am a bit jealous of Bunny's extraordinary coordination. But I am also glad that she is unlikely to suffer my fate.

No comments: