Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cat puke

This is something I have lived with my entire life with cats. My beloved boy cat Tabasco has always been a puker. He has some sort of allergy or GI issue but we have always joked that he is bullimic because he eats so fast and like such a pig that its inevitable that he'll puke it out. Luckily for me he ususally pukes in the kitchen or on the hardwood floors so it is easier to clean.

But lately Bubs' cat, Detroit(yes I know its a stupid name for a cat, there is a story but I don't want to get into it here), has joined the puke parade. She is 13 or 14 yrs old and we think she is getting sick but the Vet can't pin it down exactly. We've been giving her wet food because she was losing weight. She gets this in the morning and evening and will herd you into the kitchen and circle you until she gets fed. We were out of her normal food from the vet so Bubs picked up some stuff from the grocery store, which she loved. But when she went back to a different flavor of the vet brand the puking commenced.

But being the siamese princess she is, Detroit has chosen to only puke on the carpet. And if you don't catch it right away, well it stains. Luckily for me, Bunny is the champion at noticing cat puke. Any little mark or stain and she will yell "Cat puke!!!" at the top of her lungs. So thanks to Bunny's eagle eyes I spent 15 minutes trying to get fresh puke out of the living room carpet this morning. Fun.

Post Script: Not 2 minutes after I hit publish, Tabasco puked in the kitchen. Man, when it rains, it pours in this house.

No comments: