Monday, May 19, 2008

If its not about me . . .

then I don't want any part of it.

This is a 2 yr olds motto. Yesterday we had our regularly scheduled dinner with my parents. Bunny gets to hang out with them, play with toys and generally revel in all the attention.

However, my cousin recently had a new baby so my parents suggested after dinner we go to my aunt's house. All my cousins would be there, we could see the new baby and they could see Bunny (they haven't seen her since Christmas).

Well Bunny was suitably underwhelmed when she saw the baby. She just muttered "Hi River" and walked away. She played outside for a while then looked for toys at my aunt's house (which there weren't many). She started whining and we had to leave after being there for 15 minutes to avoid a full blown tantrum (we didn't want Bunny to set a bad example for River).

My cousin told me thats exactly how their 13 year old acted when he first saw the new baby. So apparently they don't grow out of it. Nice.

1 comment:

Rosebud Collection said...

Sometimes, I think they get a little upset,when a baby gets so much attention..