Friday, May 23, 2008

10 Years Later

Today I won't have my usual Friday Finds. We are leaving on vacation for the long weekend and I am up to my eyeballs in preparations. Because of our vacation, there will be no posts until Tuesday (but I am sure there will be tons of stuff to write about when we get back).

What I really want to write about today, is my wonderful Bubs in honor of our 10th wedding anniversary tomorrow. So here goes

Dear Bubs,

Thank you for 10 wonderful years. When I look back on our wedding pictures, I see two people who are so young, are very much in love and are filled with hope. Now 10 years later we are a bit older and wiser, our days are filled with joy and hope and I am more in love with you now than ever.

I realize that I am the lucky one here. You are so supportive of me. You believe so strongly in me that you have given me the gift of being able to stay home with Bunny. You have stood by me in the hard times, letting me lean on you for strength. You always want to make me happy.

You are a wonderful father whom Bunny adores. I love that you have your Daddy and Bunny Saturdays, it gives me an opportunity to recharge my batteries and gives you precious time with her.

You know that the answer to the question "Where do you want to go to dinner?" is always La Fuente. You make the best salad dressing and pancakes and are an omlet maker extrodinare. You do the dishes after I cook dinner.

While you do have your faults - like playing in 10 million different fantasy sports leagues (fantasy golf? really?), you don't like bloody marys, ketchup, peanut butter or sauces of any kind. These faults are really minor and kind of funny.

No, what I remember and cherish most during these 10 years is the love that we share.

Thank you for 10 wonderful years. I look forward to the next 50.

1 comment:

MamaCarter said...

awww. awesome. still can't believe it's been ten years since you two got hitched, and Freak and I got stinking drunk and smoked cigars (eeeuw!) on the curb outside the hotel. good times. have a great weekend in Door County!