Monday, October 27, 2008

Its a Leopard Dino Cat

Ah the joys of asking a two year old what they want to be for Halloween when they don't really understand what it means. For weeks Bunny said she wanted to be a kitty. Great, we've got the black clothes so we just had to buy ears and a tail. Done and done.

But I wondered, wouldn't she want to be a dinosaur. She's obsessed with dinosaurs. Should I just buy a dino costume? So I asked her and she said no, she wanted to be a kitty. Ok I'm holding you to that.

Then she said she wanted to be a tiger. I can work with that. I could buy a orange sweatshirt and some black felt. I could do that, but I was feeling kind of lazy. How would you like to be a leopard? You've already got the coat. Ok, leopard it is.

Then Sunday rolls around and we are getting dressed for trick or treat. Come on Bunny, lets put on your ears and tail. "Why, momma?" Because you are going to be a leopard kitty. "No I wanna be a dino." What? Why did I listen to you? I should have just bought the dino costume and been done with it.

But Bubs swooped in to save the day. You are going to be a leopard dino, he proclaimed. "Oh ok, daddy. I love leopard dinos."

Bet you've never seen a Leopard Dino Cat before.

6 comments:

wfbdoglover said...

She is a beautiful Leopard Dino Cat! Hope you had fun!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Cutest leopard dino cat I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! (And what were you doing trick-or-treating on Sunday? Did they change the date of Halloween on me?)

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that I've never seen a cuter Leopard Dino in my life....Can't wait till she comes to work to trick or treat on Friday...

Z said...

Nope, I've never seen a Leopard Dino Cat before - but she sure is a cutie ;)

Marinka said...

Oh my goodness, she is absolutely adorable! I would totally give her all my candy, no questions asked! (Not that I usually ask trick or treaters any questions, of course. I'm not a complete freak!)