Saturday, October 18, 2008

Silence

The past few days have been pretty quiet around here. And by quiet I mean almost silent.

There has been no pitter patter of little feet, no sounds of toys being played with, no scratches of crayons on paper, no calls of "Momma look at this."

Bunny spent Thursday and Friday night at my parents house, reminding me what this house was like before she came home. Well at least how it sounded, not how it looked because her toys and things are everywhere.

In a way its nice to have the break. It allowed me to get a good night sleep two days in a row. It allowed me to get some things done that needed to be done. Basically, I was able to recharge my batteries.

But in another way, I don't like it at all. I miss seeing her. I miss hearing her little voice. I miss her hugs. I miss her saying "I love you momma." I just miss her.

So I am sitting here waiting for her return, knowing she will be here in just an hour or so. I am enjoying the silence for one last time. When she is here, there is no such thing as silence. And that is good.

Now on to more mundane matters, my BFL picks for week 7:

San Diego @ BUFFALO
Minnesota @ CHICAGO
PITTSBURG @ Cincinatti
TENNESSEE @ Kansas City
DALLAS @ St. Louis
BALTIMORE @ Miami
San Francisco @ NY GIANTS
NEW ORLEANS @ Carolina
Detroit @ HOUSTON
NY JETS @ Oakland
Indianapolis @ GREEN BAY
Cleveland @ WASHINGTON
Seattle @ TAMPA BAY
DENVER @ New England
MNF combined score - 47

And here are Bubs' picks
BAL @ mia
PIT @ cin
no @ CAR
sf @ NYG
min @ CHI
TEN @ kc
sd @ BUF
DAL @ stl
det @ HOU
IND @ gb
cle @ WAS
NYJ @ oak
sea @ TB
den @ NE

If you are interested in the BFL, head on over to Insta-mom to see what all the fuss is about.

3 comments:

anymommy said...

Oh, the bliss. Makes me wish my mom lived closer. Hope you enjoyed the time.

Daisy said...

My husband and son and I predict each week. So far this week I'm in the lead!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I always dream about the days when I would travel for work and order room service and relax in a clean room (that other people cleaned for me)...but the idea of being away from my kids for more than a day or two fills me with anxiety. I guess when you know that it's just a couple of nights, and you know that they're having a wonderful time, then it's okay... At least puts the days they drive us crazy into perspective.