Monday, July 20, 2009

Training Update

Training, training, training. I feel like that is all I am doing. Its not but sometimes it feels that way.

I got my bike back and went for my first ride outside. It felt great. I saw a deer and a muskrat along the parkway so that made the time fly by. Just like with running, biking outside is much harder than using the bike at the club. But I did 10 miles in an hour so I'm happy. I am going to do one of my bikes outside each each week.

The run was good as always. I've decided to do a 5k in August so that is giving me extra motivation.

And the swim, what can I say. I am doing it but I don't feel like I am progressing much. So I think its time to call the trainer again for some help. But on the upside, I got my red redone on Friday and it survived a session in the pool. Hoorray for the power of swim caps!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Awesome Renee! Are you working out in Chicago at all? So glad you decided to take the train there - much easier, even though you'll need to pack more strategically! I'm only working out once - Thursday morning in the gym. I'm not staying at the conference hotel - we'll be at a Kimpton hotel one mile away - an easy walk! Can't wait to meet you THIS WEEK!