Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today

Today I wear purple.

Today Mike and Heather will bury little Maddie. Today I wear purple to honor Maddie, to honor her life and her memory. Today I wear purple to stand with Mike and Heather.

Today I hug my child just a little bit tighter, just a little bit longer.

Today another mother knows the pain of losing a child. Again I do not know her but my heart breaks for her loss, for the loss of her son Thalon.

I know that words are not enough. But, today, words are all I have for Mike and Heather, for Shana and her family, for the countless others who have know the pain of losing a child.

Today I stand with you.

Today I honor the memory of your sweet children.

Today I wear purple

4 comments:

ConverseMomma said...

All this loss. It is hard sometimes to feel entitled to be happy when so many others are not.
So instead, I try and just be silently grateful and send others in pain out my deepest prayers.

Kari said...

Me too. I hope they can feel our support and love.

FranticMommy said...

We have a fund set up at my work to help children with cancer. this week we learned of a local 6-year old girl with incurable cancer. My heart wept....all I could think of was my own 6-year old and how horrible it would be to lose him. My prayers and thoughts go out to the family of Maddie.

Unknown said...

it's quite beautiful that internet strangers are being so wonderful but the mom's my kids go to school with are avoiding me. like i might get "the stink of death on them."