Monday, November 24, 2008

Snow Day!

Today we awoke to the first snowfall of the season. After last year's 100+ inches I wasn't that excited to see it but it was pretty.

When Bunny saw it she went crazy. She stood on the couch jumping up and down clapping. "Lets go play momma. Lets go. Lets go. L-E-T-S G-O." (yes we taught her that stupid cheer where you spell out lets go and she says it all the time.)

If I would have let her she would have run right outside in her pjs. But because I am a mean mom, I made her wear clothes, inclulding a sweater, snow pants, boots, jacket, scarf, hat and gloves. Afterwards I wasn't sure she'd be able to walk but she did.

We headed out into the back yard where we discovered about 2 inches of packing snow. Mommy made a very lame attempt to make a snow man but with only 2 inches of snow and a small yard it didn't quite work. Its more like a snow pillar. I also tried to throw snow balls but I throw like an uncoordinated girl (which is fitting because that is what I am). We headed to the park for awhile and then it was time to go home for hot chocolate.

It was the perfect day.



5 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

She even has a cool scarf!

I throw like a girl too. And I always hated snowball fights.

Heidi said...

Like you and Kate I throw like a girl too. I can make a mean snowman though.

Anonymous said...

Your snow "Bunny" is adorable...Snowmen used to be one of my favorite things to make and finding the face and appendage fixin's were the best part....You never knew how "Snowie" was going to look....

nicole said...

yay! we're supposed to get our first snow tomorrow and i'm so excited! gabby is finally old enough to play in it and have fun!

anymommy said...

Could she be any cuter in all that pink? No, not really. It does look like fun, but I have to say that I'm not jealous.

Oh and my word ID is jamma, which I think means I'm supposed to tell you to curl up in your jammas by a fire and drink hot cocoa!!