Monday, January 18, 2010

Four

Four!


Four?

You are four.

It seems like only yesterday you turned three. I loved three. It was a crazy roller coaster ride of growing up. You were big and little all at the same time. It was wonderful. In the weeks before your birthday, I wanted to ask you not to turn four. I wanted you to stay three forever. I wanted to keep you in this perfect state, exactly as you are.


But I can't stop time. I can't ask you to stay the same. Its not fair to you. You have so much more to do, to learn, to see, to explore. Four is just the gateway. Four allows you to see the tantalizing possibilities that the future has in store for you.


You start kindergarten at four. You will go to the big kid's school. You will begin your education, your quest for knowledge.

You will be a big sister at four. You will no longer be the baby, the only. You will have an important role to teach little Lion all you have learned.

In a way you are more than four. You are fourteen, twenty four, forty. You are timeless and ageless. You are filled with wisdom and knowledge. You are a sponge soaking up everything around you. You are also a fountain, sharing your knowledge with those around you.


You are four, magical wonderful four.

(Note - Bunny's birthday was on the 14th. So in her words, she is almost five.)

7 comments:

Christy said...

Awww Happy Birthday to her! Such a sweet post and great photos!

AmazingGreis said...

Happy Birthday sweet Bunny! Have a SUPER year.

Kirsten said...

Awwww. You made me miss all three of my kids at three years old. Why can't we freeze them?

Happy Birthday to your darling girl.

Issa said...

Happy birthday to Bunny.
Four is still little friend, I promise. And the saying she is five, gah, it makes me crazy when they do that. At least she isn't saying six already. :)

anymommy said...

That is almost five for sure. What a gorgeous letter. Happy Birthday, Bunny.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

She is beautiful. I'd say that last line was the best - but I just loved, "In a way you are more than four. You are fourteen, twenty four, forty. You are timeless and ageless. You are filled with wisdom and knowledge." My own four year old has so many challenges that I have never thought to look at him that way. Sure I think he's extraordinary - but I'm so afraid of what his future may hold that he's never more than four to me. Maybe I have to start thinking of his future as the one I wish for him. Because at the end of the day - I really do believe in wishing. Best wishes to your lovely Bunny on (after) her birthday.

Kari said...

Happy Birthday to Bunny!!!