Thursday, May 21, 2009

Weather Or Not

I'm a bit obsessed with the weather.

I have to know what the weather will be like for obvious reasons: Is it going to be nice out? Can we go to the park or do we have to stay inside? What should we wear? Shorts or long pants? Do we need to bring jackets?

I check the weather first thing in the morning both on-line and on TV. I also check it before I go to bed, because it might change. There used to be a weather phone line that you could call to find out the daily forecast (even the marine forecast if you were planning on boating). But sadly the weather line was discontinued last year because apparently no one but me ever called (and I called every day).

We are going on vacation this weekend to Door County, WI. For those of you who don't know it is the thumb of Wisconsin. Since Door County is considered Up North, it is subject to different weather. So I've had to add another search for my daily weather quests. I've checked this weekend's forecast about 10 times so far this week and its only changed about 5 degrees and added in a 40% chance of rain one day. So that is good. But I'll have to check it again tonight and tomorrow morning before we leave, just to be safe.

Now my best friend is married to a meterologist. Perfect. Well when we were planning a trip to the Adirondaks a few years ago, he told us to check the internet for the weather forecast. What?! What's the use of having a professional weather person as a friend if you can't give me a personalized forecast?

I am afraid that my obession with the weather is rubbing off on Bunny. Every morning she runs to the window to "check the weather". That's my girl.

2 comments:

michelle said...

Hope you have a great time. Bunny should enjoy some of the outdoor activities up there this year....RELAX!!!!

Christy said...

I miss the weather line too!

Before we went to Florida my sister in law and I were both totally weather obsessed. Calling each other multiple times a day - yes, still all sun, every day. Oh no, some clouds. Later still: nope, clouds gone. And so on, and so on....

How cool that you now have a meteorologist at your fingertips!